- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Big Bird or Big Navy?
Question of the Day
During the last presidential debate in Boca Raton, Fla., President Obama attempted to ridicule and diminish Mitt Romney ("Obama, horses and bayonets," Comment & Analysis, Wednesday). The president's snide remarks comparing the use of modern naval vessels with horses and bayonets was right out of the playbook of the late radical Saul Alinsky.
It should be remembered that Alinsky was a prominent communist and a hero of our current president. With regard to the size of the Navy, if we were not spread so thin, perhaps one of our smaller ships with a Marine contingent on board and armed with bayonets could have rescued our brave Americans in Benghazi. We know the president loves the ships that airplanes land on, and the ones that go underwater, but in this age of terrorism, we will require a large variety of naval assets in robust numbers.
On Nov. 6 we will have a chance to decide which is more important: Big Bird or Big Navy.
Boca Raton, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job