- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Comedy and cover-up
President Obama can rest assured that should he decide to try the comedy circuit whenever he leaves his present job, he surely will draw an audience that will welcome him with laughs -- especially if he repeats some of his recent comments.
I'm thinking of one comment in particular that he offered to Floridians this week, when he spoke about trust being of high importance and said he always means what he says. Is he aware that is not what his ideological forebear, the late Saul Alinsky, advised? One of Alinsky's famous "Rules for Radicals" is never to let people know what you plan to do -- always tell the opposite. Of course, the trouble with asking for trust is that it tends to slip away when it is violated. Then it becomes harder to restore.
Americans' trust in Mr. Obama was compromised when irrefutable reports came to light that his administration knew the Sept. 11 attacks on our consulate in Benghazi, Libya, were taking place. Moreover, evidence shows he knew the attacks were planned rather than a spontaneous reaction to a little-seen video. Why then, days later in his speech at the United Nations, did Mr. Obama not say the attacks had been planned?
Mr. Obama did indeed offer hope when he ran for the presidency. It's too bad he let Saul Alinsky's rules take over.
NANCY HYDEN WOODWARD
East Hampton, N.Y.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine