- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama: Vote now, think later
Question of the Day
For some time now, I have been wondering why President Obama has been urging the electorate to vote as early as possible. Today, I suspect part of the answer has come out ("Emails show U.S. officials told of militants within hours of Benghazi attack," Web, Wednesday).
The crucial context for understanding the Benghazi attacks and how they were handled by the Obama administration is that on Sept. 16, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice went on five different Sunday talk shows to proclaim that the Benghazi attacks "had grown out of a spontaneous protest against an American-made video disparaging Islam's Prophet Muhammad." Mrs. Rice's proclamation is now denied by all in the administration.
So for those who have not yet voted, at least two critical questions remain: Who is responsible for denying our personnel in Libya the increased security they requested? Who wrote the script that Mrs. Rice followed? The answers have implications for the 2012 election -- and perhaps even for 2016.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes