- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama: Vote now, think later
For some time now, I have been wondering why President Obama has been urging the electorate to vote as early as possible. Today, I suspect part of the answer has come out ("Emails show U.S. officials told of militants within hours of Benghazi attack," Web, Wednesday).
The crucial context for understanding the Benghazi attacks and how they were handled by the Obama administration is that on Sept. 16, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice went on five different Sunday talk shows to proclaim that the Benghazi attacks "had grown out of a spontaneous protest against an American-made video disparaging Islam's Prophet Muhammad." Mrs. Rice's proclamation is now denied by all in the administration.
So for those who have not yet voted, at least two critical questions remain: Who is responsible for denying our personnel in Libya the increased security they requested? Who wrote the script that Mrs. Rice followed? The answers have implications for the 2012 election -- and perhaps even for 2016.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?