- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama: Vote now, think later
Question of the Day
For some time now, I have been wondering why President Obama has been urging the electorate to vote as early as possible. Today, I suspect part of the answer has come out ("Emails show U.S. officials told of militants within hours of Benghazi attack," Web, Wednesday).
The crucial context for understanding the Benghazi attacks and how they were handled by the Obama administration is that on Sept. 16, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice went on five different Sunday talk shows to proclaim that the Benghazi attacks "had grown out of a spontaneous protest against an American-made video disparaging Islam's Prophet Muhammad." Mrs. Rice's proclamation is now denied by all in the administration.
So for those who have not yet voted, at least two critical questions remain: Who is responsible for denying our personnel in Libya the increased security they requested? Who wrote the script that Mrs. Rice followed? The answers have implications for the 2012 election -- and perhaps even for 2016.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Proving A Point: Redskins' Bacarri Rambo vows to make impact in second year
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry