- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
Publication of Gen. McChrystal’s book is delayed
NEW YORK (AP) - A memoir by retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal has been delayed pending security clearance from the U.S. Department of Defense.
Portfolio announced Wednesday that McChrystal's "My Share of the Task" is still being reviewed by the Pentagon.
McChrystal is the former commander of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.
The book was supposed to come out Nov. 12. No new date has been set. Portfolio is an imprint of Penguin Group (USA).
Another Penguin imprint, Dutton, released a best-selling memoir this fall of the Navy SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden. Defense officials have criticized Penguin and author Mark Bissonnette for not clearing the book with them but have yet to take legal action.
Bissonnette retired from the SEALs over the summer. He wrote the book under the pseudonym Mark Owen.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes