- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
Giants found similar formula to win another World Series
Zito will be part of an experienced rotation heading into 2013, led by ace Matt Cain.
Cain’s season began with a hefty new contract, then only got better with the first perfect game in franchise history June 13, the start in July’s All-Star win that sealed home field for the National League, and then another championship.
“What we just did these last couple months is a pretty full year, and something that I’m going to enjoy definitely sitting down and watching at the end of the year,” Cain said.
Scutaro was only around for part of it, but with the remarkable numbers he put up since coming from the Colorado Rockies on July 27 nobody would know any better.
“It’s what you work for all season,” Scutaro said. “I don’t even know what to say right now. We just won the World Series. It’s still priceless.”
AP Baseball Writer Ben Walker and Sports Writer Ronald Blum contributed from Detroit.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.