- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: U.S. demise coming from within
In my heart, I cannot fathom that the land I love will be well on its way to becoming a socialist state come Nov. 6 should President Obama win re-election. We have been going down a slippery slope, an insidious slide into socialism, Mr. Obama's dream. If we cannot rescue America and turn this around right now, I fear for the future of our country and its citizens. We will not recognize Mr. Obama's America.
With four more years of the current administration, we will become a country struggling to maintain a steady economy. America doesn't have enough money to tackle the enormous debt Mr. Obama has placed on the backs of its citizens and future generations. Taxes are about to skyrocket as the Bush tax cuts expire in January and Obamacare kicks in. Gas prices are so high that many cannot afford a fill-up. People are out of work and the job market has dried up. In my neighborhood, I see households merging just to make ends meet.
Businesses are closing down or cutting back because of tighter regulations and the higher costs of mandatory health care. Seniors' 401(k)s are now 101(k)s, and many cannot afford to retire. Obamacare has denied us freedom of religion by mandating that we pay for everyone's birth control and abortion procedures against our good consciences. Our borders are dangerous and penetrable. Mr. Obama shows contempt for our Constitution and sidesteps our laws. He is a Muslim sympathizer and has proved to be no friend of Israel, our only ally in the Middle East. Mr. Obama is an appeaser who has weakened our country and military, and our enemies know it. We are headed for unchartered waters, bringing chaos and martial law if we do not change course.
Meanwhile, Obama supporters are giddy over their new cellphones. Unfortunately, most voters are only concerned with what the government can do for them by using other people's money. It is a selfish generation. Who would have ever guessed that our demise as a free and sovereign nation would come from within?
Berwyn Heights, Md.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same