- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
David Blaine wraps up high-voltage stunt in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - Daredevil David Blaine has finished what could be called his most electrifying stunt.
The magician emerged shortly before 9 p.m. Monday after spending three days and three nights standing in the middle of 1 million volts of electric currents at New York's Pier 54.
A spokesman says Blaine was able to walk with assistance, speak and kiss fiancée Alizee Guinochet (ah-LEE'-zay gwee-noh-SHAY') before being taken to a hospital to be examined.
The 39-year-old Blaine wore a chainmail bodysuit as a barrier between himself and the currents, emitted by Tesla coils.
The stunt was called "Electrified: One Million Volts Always On." It was streamed on YouTube, with help from Intel Corp.
Blaine's past stunts include hanging upside down over Central Park and being encased in a block of ice.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow