- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
iPhone manufacturer faces labor complaints
Question of the Day
Foxconn said Wednesday there was no change in other payments, so net pay would be “significantly higher.” It noted the monthly base wage was above the government-required minimum of 1,080 yuan ($171).
“Claims that the net pay that workers receive following deduction of subsidies has reduced is inaccurate,” the statement said.
The group said an investigation of six Samsung-owned factories and two suppliers in China found some employees worked more than 100 hours of overtime per month. It said safety measures such as providing workers with protective clothing were not followed.
Samsung said it would review working conditions and acknowledged some problems may have arisen due to production demands.
Foxconn Technology Group: www.foxconn.com
China Labor Watch: www.chinalaborwatch.org
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq