- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Lady Gaga gets live tattoo at perfume launch
NEW YORK (AP) - Lady Gaga launched her debut perfume while being inside a giant-sized perfume bottle.
The avant garde pop star was in a large bottle _ a replica of her “Fame” fragrance _ appearing in the transparent glass where attendees took photos and watched the singer get a tattoo on her neck.
The entertainer entered the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on New York’s Upper East Side on Thursday night on top of a convertible. She posed for pictures and interacted with some fans.
Inside, she laid in the bottle in a sparkly top, black skirt and red wig. Then she took off some clothing and a wig _ now appearing in lingerie, including a thong _ and began receiving a tattoo of the back of her neck (she shaved the bottom half of the back of her head this week).
Gaga applied makeup and played on an iPad inside the bottle, where she was joined by four others. Edith Piaf played in background, as did David Bowie’s “Fame” and various songs that featured Kanye West. She got her tattoo _ and danced in her seat _ as West’s latest hit “Mercy” blasted in the background.
The masquerade black tie event featured a few hundred people, mostly dressed with eye masks and headgear. Celebrity attendees included Yoko Ono, Marc Jacobs, Paris Hilton, Michael Strahan, Jason Wu and Lindsay Lohan, who arrived late for the event.
Gaga also debuted a short film called “Lady Gaga Film” for the fragrance in collaboration with director Steven Klein.
The Grammy-winning singer released her multiplatinum debut, “The Fame,” in 2008. That was followed by the platinum-selling albums “The Fame Monster” and last year’s “Born This Way.”
“Lady Gaga Film”: bit.ly/OM2ZVS
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.