- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Lady Gaga gets live tattoo at perfume launch
NEW YORK (AP) - Lady Gaga launched her debut perfume while being inside a giant-sized perfume bottle.
The avant garde pop star was in a large bottle _ a replica of her “Fame” fragrance _ appearing in the transparent glass where attendees took photos and watched the singer get a tattoo on her neck.
The entertainer entered the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on New York’s Upper East Side on Thursday night on top of a convertible. She posed for pictures and interacted with some fans.
Inside, she laid in the bottle in a sparkly top, black skirt and red wig. Then she took off some clothing and a wig _ now appearing in lingerie, including a thong _ and began receiving a tattoo of the back of her neck (she shaved the bottom half of the back of her head this week).
Gaga applied makeup and played on an iPad inside the bottle, where she was joined by four others. Edith Piaf played in background, as did David Bowie’s “Fame” and various songs that featured Kanye West. She got her tattoo _ and danced in her seat _ as West’s latest hit “Mercy” blasted in the background.
The masquerade black tie event featured a few hundred people, mostly dressed with eye masks and headgear. Celebrity attendees included Yoko Ono, Marc Jacobs, Paris Hilton, Michael Strahan, Jason Wu and Lindsay Lohan, who arrived late for the event.
Gaga also debuted a short film called “Lady Gaga Film” for the fragrance in collaboration with director Steven Klein.
The Grammy-winning singer released her multiplatinum debut, “The Fame,” in 2008. That was followed by the platinum-selling albums “The Fame Monster” and last year’s “Born This Way.”
“Lady Gaga Film”: bit.ly/OM2ZVS
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/musicmesfin
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again