- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political warfare in Ohio
Question of the Day
The Obama campaign committee is conducting political warfare against the military voters in Ohio (“Romney: Obama lawsuit targeting military voting law an ‘outrage,’ ” Web Sept. 4). The Veterans of Foreign Wars, of which I am a member, all other veterans and active-duty organizations, along with active and retired members of the armed forces and their families and supporters, are outraged that the Obama campaign is suing Ohio to block a lawfully passed measure of the state legislature, extending early voting by a few days.
The long-standing tradition of allowing special circumstances for military voters goes back to the Civil War and has been adhered to by all states. Republicans traditionally have received a majority of the military vote, which will be especially crucial this year in the battleground state of Ohio. A victory for either candidate there could mean the difference between winning or losing the White House.
Ohio is one of 32 states that allow voters to cast an early ballot by mail or in person without an excuse. In addition, state law allows members of military families and civilians overseas to vote early through the Monday before the election, while early voting for all other Ohioans ends the preceding Friday. This year’s election falls on Nov. 6.
The Obama lawsuit is blatantly anti-American and a disservice to the military and their families. It would seem that President Obama’s campaign is reckless and unpatriotic in its efforts to get a second term, which many think he has not earned and does not deserve. He has destabilized and hollowed out the U.S. armed forces, doubled the national debt, destroyed the economy and bypassed the Constitution and the will of the American people.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines (retired)
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
Get Breaking Alerts
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business