- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political warfare in Ohio
Question of the Day
The Obama campaign committee is conducting political warfare against the military voters in Ohio (“Romney: Obama lawsuit targeting military voting law an ‘outrage,’ ” Web Sept. 4). The Veterans of Foreign Wars, of which I am a member, all other veterans and active-duty organizations, along with active and retired members of the armed forces and their families and supporters, are outraged that the Obama campaign is suing Ohio to block a lawfully passed measure of the state legislature, extending early voting by a few days.
The long-standing tradition of allowing special circumstances for military voters goes back to the Civil War and has been adhered to by all states. Republicans traditionally have received a majority of the military vote, which will be especially crucial this year in the battleground state of Ohio. A victory for either candidate there could mean the difference between winning or losing the White House.
Ohio is one of 32 states that allow voters to cast an early ballot by mail or in person without an excuse. In addition, state law allows members of military families and civilians overseas to vote early through the Monday before the election, while early voting for all other Ohioans ends the preceding Friday. This year’s election falls on Nov. 6.
The Obama lawsuit is blatantly anti-American and a disservice to the military and their families. It would seem that President Obama’s campaign is reckless and unpatriotic in its efforts to get a second term, which many think he has not earned and does not deserve. He has destabilized and hollowed out the U.S. armed forces, doubled the national debt, destroyed the economy and bypassed the Constitution and the will of the American people.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines (retired)
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll