- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
AP Source: Nicki Minaj gets $12 million for ‘Idol’
NEW YORK (AP) - A person familiar with the situation says Nicki Minaj is getting $12 million to be a judge on “American Idol.”
A person in the music industry with knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press on Sunday that the singer-rapper will receive $12 million for a one-year contract with the hit Fox singing series. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the contract had not been made public.
Fox announced earlier Sunday that Minaj and country singer Keith Urban will be judges on “Idol” when the show returns in January. They will join Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson. A representative for Urban wouldn’t disclose the singer’s compensation for “Idol.”
The AP reported in July that Carey is receiving just shy of $18 million for a one-year contract with a renewal option.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.