- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
HAGELIN: Documentary shows a different Obama
A group of teens, not yet old enough to vote, saw the movie as a call-to-action. The eldest, Jack, observed that Mr. Obama’s “mindset and the way he thinks,” combined with his administration’s troubling drawdown of American military capabilities, make the prospect of Mr. Obama’s re-election “scary.” Michael, Jack’s brother, commented that “Obama’s history” is a “bad history” that most people don’t know, but should.
JP, his friend, agreed, saying, “People need to know that his mentors and friends were Communists and even a terrorist.” That’s part of the problem, Jack observed, “The media chooses to keep that quiet,” so voters may end up being “manipulated into re-electing Obama.”
Their response? The boys resolved to spread the word.
And so should we. Educate yourself. Encourage others to do the same. Go to the theater this weekend, so there is time for you to learn the truth and spread the word. Without access to facts about the real Mr. Obama — the one nobody knew in 2008 — America may make a mistake from which we may never recover.
Our children deserve better.
• Rebecca Hagelin can be reached at email@example.com.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Richard Durbin: No line in the sand on unemployment benefits
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!