- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
SHOW BITS: Obama is a fan; Kimmel’s few funny bits
Question of the Day
And their curves were on ample display at Sunday’s night Emmy telecast.
But the night’s big surprise: Kat Dennings in a gown that exposed much of what had only been hinted at in her “2 Broke Girls” waitress uniform.
Her bustline had viewers’ jaws dropping and tweeters madly tweeting.
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
NO BOW TIE FOR KEVIN COSTNER
Kevin Costner went against the bow tie fashion trend at this year’s Emmy Awards, sporting an open collar look that at least beat the searing heat on the red carpet.
The nominee for lead actor in a miniseries or movie for “Hatfields & McCoys” kept his arm around the waist of wife Christine Baumgartner as he arrived for the show. Asked to describe her gown, Costner said, “I can’t wait to go home and close the door.”
Stephen Colbert whipped out a blotting paper to make the sweat on his upper lip disappear before facing the throng of TV cameras.
Christine Baranski of “The Good Wife” shimmered under the relentless sunshine in a gold-and-silver sequined short dress. She eschewed a gown, saying she didn’t want people stepping on it all night.
“I tried this on and it rocks,” she said.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter: http://twittter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: STEVEN LEVITAN
“I’m a little bit in shock, to tell you the truth.” _ Steven Levitan, who won for directing, comedy, for “Modern Family”
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Gun advocates credit new concealed carry laws for sharp drop in Chicago murder rate
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener