- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
SHOW BITS: Obama is a fan; Kimmel’s few funny bits
Question of the Day
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
SEEING STARS ON THE RED CARPET
At the Emmys there’s the red carpet and then there’s _ well _ the other red carpet.
As the main red carpet fills up, security tries to keep the line moving by directing the big stars down the carpet where cameras are lined up to film them and entertainment journalists are waiting to interview them.
Meantime, the less famous are directed down a parallel red carpet closer to the fan bleachers.
“Please continue walking,” security guards continuously say.
Sometimes they’ll also give a gentle nudge to someone on the B-list red carpet who lingers too long taking pictures of the folks on the A-List red carpet.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
QUICKQUOTE: JESSE TYLER FERGUSON
“It’s so warm I thought a nice flannel tux would be appropriate.” _ Jesse Tyler Ferguson of “Modern Family” on the Emmy red carpet.
GETTING THE STARS’ ATTENTION
“Jesse Jesse Jesse!” the crowd chants trying to get the attention of “Modern Family” star Jesse Tyler Ferguson. He obliges with several waves to the bleacher crowd.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq