- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
SHOW BITS: Smoking, hot celebs; Moms on parade
Question of the Day
The 2010 Emmy host, interviewed on the red carpet, noted he has passed hosting duties on to another Jimmy this year, name of Kimmel.
As a result, Fallon said, he doesn’t even have a ticket to the 2012 show.
“But Clint Eastwood said he was going to save me a chair,” Fallon cracked.
His advice to this year’s Jimmy: “Don’t make out with Betty White. There’s cameras everywhere and you’ll get caught. And definitely go to Honey Boo Boo’s after-party, cause that’s gonna be where it’s at.”
_ Frazier Moore _ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/tvfrazier
SEEING STARS ON THE RED CARPET
At the Emmys there’s the red carpet and then there’s _ well _ the other red carpet.
As the main red carpet fills up, security tries to keep the line moving by directing the big stars down the carpet where cameras are lined up to film them and entertainment journalists are waiting to interview them.
Meantime, the less famous are directed down a parallel red carpet closer to the fan bleachers.
“Please continue walking,” security guards continuously say.
Sometimes they’ll also give a gentle nudge to someone on the B-list red carpet who lingers too long taking pictures of the folks on the A-List red carpet.
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
QUICKQUOTE: JESSE TYLER FERGUSON
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Nathan Walker's NHL dreams send him around the world
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Trial: dengue shot offers some protection
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Israel rejects talk of cease-fire; Hamas targets suspected nuke site
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener