- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
SHOW BITS: Heidi plays traffic cop; Kevin recalls
Question of the Day
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyA
QUICKQUOTE: JESSE TYLER FERGUSON
“It’s so warm I thought a nice flannel tux would be appropriate.” _ Jesse Tyler Ferguson of “Modern Family” on the Emmy red carpet.
GETTING THE STARS’ ATTENTION
“Jesse Jesse Jesse!” the crowd chants trying to get the attention of “Modern Family” star Jesse Tyler Ferguson. He obliges with several waves to the bleacher crowd.
Before the first stream of stars arrived on the Emmy Red Carpet, a show producer told them to “make everything personal” if they wanted to get their attention.
It may take several chants, but the stars often answer with a wave, a smile or the occasional fist pump.
_ Anthony McCartney _Twitter http://twittter.com/mccartneyAP
KEEPING COOL IN THE FAN BLEACHERS
Fran and Elmer Armstrong are awards show veterans, joining throngs of fans for at least their sixth Emmy Awards Show on a sweltering Sunday afternoon.
The retired St. Louis couple’s quest for a front row seat in the fan bleachers beside the red carpet began when they lined up outside the Nokia Theatre around 7:30 a.m. Sunday. As the day progressed, and temperatures rose, they hung in there, cheering as the cameras from E! Entertainment television filmed pre-show segments.
“Goodbye Giuliana,” 70-year-old Elmer Armstrong shouted to anchor Giuliana Rancic as the E Entertainment crew wrapped up.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq