- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Snooki law would let NJ towns regulate reality TV
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - A New Jersey lawmaker wants towns to have a say in the filming of reality TV shows within their boundaries before a Situation develops.
Ocean County Republican Assemblyman Ronald Dancer on Monday introduced legislation for a Snookiville Law. The law would let towns impose conditions including requiring TV crews to pay for additional police officers to assure public safety during filming.
Dancer named the bill after “Jersey Shore” cast member Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, whose show with Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and others recently ended its three-year run in Seaside Heights.
The MTV show’s cast members were involved in scuffles and drunken public displays. Police officers routinely were assigned to areas where filming occurred.
Snooki and co-star Jennifer “JWoww” Farley have been filming a spinoff series in nearby Manchester. Authorities there have reported no problems.
MTV has no comment.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.