- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats’ billing for killing
Saddam Hussein was a sociopathic tyrant who personally murdered many of his own people. After he assumed power in Iraq, he told underlings one of his principles of government: "If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, there is no problem." After a political rival was tortured and executed by Saddam's security thugs, Saddam would send an invoice to the executed person's family for the bullets used in the execution.
Today the Democrats tell us that an unborn child is not a person -- that there is no person in the womb. They have now gone further and, as President Obama did when he was an Illinois state senator, are advocating infanticide. If a baby is born alive after an abortion attempt, many Democrats do not want any measure taken to save the baby's life, since that might "burden" a woman's or teenage girl's "absolute right" to abortion. Now, Mr. Obama and many Democrats advocate in their party platform that taxpayers pay for everyone's abortions. This death-dealing is called health care.
What's the difference between Saddam Hussein's invoice for the bullets and the Democrats' billing us, the taxpayers, for abortions?
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits