- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Democrats’ billing for killing
Saddam Hussein was a sociopathic tyrant who personally murdered many of his own people. After he assumed power in Iraq, he told underlings one of his principles of government: "If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, there is no problem." After a political rival was tortured and executed by Saddam's security thugs, Saddam would send an invoice to the executed person's family for the bullets used in the execution.
Today the Democrats tell us that an unborn child is not a person -- that there is no person in the womb. They have now gone further and, as President Obama did when he was an Illinois state senator, are advocating infanticide. If a baby is born alive after an abortion attempt, many Democrats do not want any measure taken to save the baby's life, since that might "burden" a woman's or teenage girl's "absolute right" to abortion. Now, Mr. Obama and many Democrats advocate in their party platform that taxpayers pay for everyone's abortions. This death-dealing is called health care.
What's the difference between Saddam Hussein's invoice for the bullets and the Democrats' billing us, the taxpayers, for abortions?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws