- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
American Scene: This year’s flu vaccine guards against new strains
Question of the Day
Time to get your flu vaccine. And remember: Last year’s shot won’t protect you this year.
Federal health authorities said Thursday that this year’s vaccine contains protection against two strains that have begun circling the globe. And just because flu was mild last winter, doesn’t mean it won’t bounce back with its usual ferocity this winter.
With 135 million doses expected, there’s plenty of vaccine to go around. The government says just 42 percent of Americans were immunized last year.
Mars rover Curiosity finds signs of ancient stream
LOS ANGELES — Scientists say NASA’s newest Mars rover has found signs that a stream once flowed across the surface near the place where it landed.
Curiosity touched down in a crater near the Martian equator last month. The Red Planet today is dusty and dry but scientists think it was once warmer and wetter.
Evidence of the ancient stream came from analyzing the size and shapes of pebbles and gravel near Gale Crater. Mission scientists said Thursday it appeared the water was fast-moving and deep.
$202 million Powerball ticket sold in suburban Des Moines
BONDURANT — A winning $202 million Powerball ticket was purchased at a convenience store in the suburban Des Moines city of Bondurant, but nobody had claimed it by midday Thursday.
The ticket is the second for a giant Powerball jackpot sold in Iowa this year.
Hunt is on for Va. man wanted in schools leader’s slaying
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Colorado man offers Obama a toke of marijuana a Rocky Mountain 'high'
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener