- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Questions linger about Rep. Jackson’s Hill future
Jackson’s father has declined to speak in detail. The congressman’s wife has mostly dodged reporters at City Council meetings and a recent birthday party and fundraiser.
In the latest development, Jacksons put their $2.5 million town house in Washington on the market. A Jackson aide said the family hoped the sale would help pay medical bills. The family also maintains a Chicago home, but their two children go to school in Washington, and Sandi Jackson commutes to Chicago for city business.
Replacing Jackson on the ballot gets messy this close to Election Day. Ballots with Jackson’s name have been mailed to troops overseas. That means that in a close election, the courts may have to determine if a vote for Jackson would be counted for the replacement or thrown out.
If Jackson were to step down in the next few weeks, the Democratic Party chairmen in the three counties he represents would have eight days to pick a replacement.
Jackson’s office: http://jackson.house.gov
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.