- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Snyder private equity firm selling Dick Clark Productions
NEW YORK (AP) — Dick Clark Productions, which produces TV programs including “New Year’s Rockin' Eve” and the Golden Globe Awards, is being sold to a group including the investment firm Guggenheim Partners.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
Along with Guggenheim, other buyers include Mandalay Entertainment, whose CEO, Peter Guber, is a film producer and also co-owner of the Golden State Warriors basketball team, and Mosaic Media Investment Partners. Mosaic was part of a consortium that took Dick Clark Productions private in 2002.
Mandalay and Guggenheim Partners were part of the investor group that paid $2 billion for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
“We are committed to providing Dick Clark Productions with the resources to continue growing its business in a way that creates value for sponsors, networks and audiences, and we look forward to energizing fans in new and innovative ways,” Mosaic Media Managing Partner Allen Shapiro said in a statement.
Dick Clark Productions went public in 1987 and grew into a large business with an array of programs and several thousand employees. When Clark suffered a stroke in 2004, his role at the company was reduced. When RedZone purchased the company in 2007, the television icon stayed connected to it only through his annual appearances on the New Year’s Eve show. Clark died of a heart attack in April at age 82.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.