- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marriage ruling could set strange precedent
It is fitting that the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in the same-sex marriage cases the week before Easter. Our three branches of government are patterned after the crosses of Calvary, with the center cross representing the judiciary and the two adjacent crosses, which held the two thieves, representative of the executive and legislative branches.
The Supreme Court could overturn and redefine the long-held definition of a marriage being between a man and a woman to mean just about anything. Marriage could soon be defined as a union between a rock and a hard place.
Paradoxically, if same-sex marriage is ultimately legalized I can see all those bored homosexual activists with nothing meaningful left to do except try to get the Shroud of Turin reclassified as a wedding dress.
MATTHEW R. POWENSKI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws