- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Boston mosque refuses to host funeral for Tamerlan Tsarnaev
Question of the Day
Federal investigators have been questioning various mosque leaders in the Boston area for information about the Boston bombing suspects, Tamerlan and his 19-year-old brother, Dzohkhar Tsarnaev, who’s recovering in a hospital.
On Tuesday, members of The Islamic Society of Boston mosque in Cambridge were questioned, NBC reported. And while that mosque hasn’t yet decided if it would host a funeral for Tsarnaev — with one spokesman admitting that “the things this guy did were absolutely disgraceful,” but that scholars were in charge of making the funeral decision — another has publicly said “no,” NBC reported.
Iman Talal Eid with the Islamic Institute of Boston told the Huffington Post that he “would not be willing to do a funeral for [Tamerlan]. This is a person who deliberately killed people. There is no room for him as a Muslim.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Woman vows 10K-mile stationary bike ride for Obama: 'Just asking for a wave'
- Orlando Bloom's punch at Justin Bieber brings on the crowd cheers
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them 'into a burning building'
- 'Queen of Mean' Leona Helmsley's former home hits market for $65M
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world