- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
President of Mo. Rodeo Cowboy Association resigns, cites rodeo clown
Question of the Day
A rodeo clown at that Missouri State Fair made waves over the weekend after he donned a mask resembling President Obama during Saturday’s bull-riding competition.
Now, the president of the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association, Mark Ficken, has resigned from the group, not as an acknowledgment of wrongdoing on his part, but rather as a protest that the association has not banned the rodeo clown from its membership, his attorney told the Associated Press.
The Missouri State Fair, however, has banned the rodeo clown for life.
Mr. Ficken’s resignation from the rodeo group comes as he tries to hold on to his job as superintendent of the Boonville School District, the AP reported.
The school district announced Monday that it is hiring an investigator to look into whether he was involved in any “inappropriate conduct” during Saturday’s bull riding event.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was 'bias motivated,' police say
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Newly rehabbed Rob Ford knocks back 5 espressos in one sitting
- Iran's Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are 'tumors derived from the same origin'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors