- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
‘Free at Last’: Former Democrat Elbert Guillory launches PAC for black conservatives
Question of the Day
“Liberalism has nearly destroyed black America. And now it’s time for black America to return the favor,” the former Democrat said in a YouTube video.
The PAC announced Monday that Mr. Guillory will serve as honorary chairman.”I believe that the values of the Black community and the values of the Republican Party are one in the same,” Mr. Guillory said in a statement released by the PAC. “But somehow the Democrat Party has created the illusion that their agenda is what’s best for Black people, and we intend to shine the light of truth on that falsehood.
“There are dozens of good solid Black Republican candidates out there seeking federal office,” said Free at Last President Derek Babcock. “We’re trying to create a resource for them so that they can compete. It’s time for more Black Republicans to be in congress.
According to a release, the Free at Last PAC plans “to continue using both traditional and new media, as well as grassroots campaigns, to reach out to Black Americans about Republican values.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Pro-Palestinian protesters stage 'die-in' outside Seattle Boeing offices
- Mass. superintendent fined for plagiarizing graduation speeches
- Islamic State opens 'marriage bureau' for single jihadists
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Chicago-area cop kills dog in front of 6-year-old owner, witnesses say
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq