- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Are we a modern-day Gomorrah?
Question of the Day
Everybody seems to want to have some sort of “conversation” or “debate,” which is progressive-speak for “sit down, shut up and do as I say.” How about this for a conversation: What kind of nation have we become in the past 25 years?
Here’s where we sit: The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources kills a defenseless baby deer. Popular music calls for the murder of police officers and abuse of women. The same congressional staffs that wrote the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare), who make in the neighborhood of $100,000 annually, are going to get a 75 percent subsidy from the taxpayers because they say they can’t afford it. There are self-proclaimed race-agent provocateurs who create hatred between the races and then feed on that hate, growing fatter and fatter every day. We have a president who has allowed the killing of four good Americans by not ordering their evacuation from Benghazi, Libya. This same president has looked the other way as bloated government agencies have stripped the rights from all of us with focused intention.
The news media no longer serve the public trust or interest, and they have become little more than outlets of political propaganda for Americans whose votes are bought with mobile phones and tax dollars. The public cannot consider itself to be safe from law enforcement any longer.
In Florida, the building of a new nuclear-power plant has been canceled, but the residents of the county are still going to be forced to pay the bill for the $250 million facility that will never be built. Most Americans are now too scared that voicing an opinion will earn them an IRS audit or a visit from Homeland Security, the Secret Service or some other goon squad.
We are buying our own Treasury bonds with money being printed on worthless paper to give the illusion that the economy is doing well, when that is a lie as well. We have the city of Detroit in bankruptcy, with others to follow.
I’m going to stick around and take my country back, but in the meantime, it will be like living in a vermin-riddled Sodom and Gomorrah. Some conversation, eh?
JEFFREY H. DISSELL
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations