- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Support FairTax
Question of the Day
America works when Americans work. We have driven millions of jobs out of America over the past 30 years because we can't compete with countries that have lower costs of doing business. Our wages, benefits, regulations and taxes all contribute to driving up the cost of doing business. Consequently, jobs go elsewhere.
The FairTax bill currently in Congress would resurrect America as arguably the most cost-competitive place in the world to do business. No more federal tax on income -- your gross pay would be your take-home pay. Taxes to fund the government would be generated by taxing consumption of new goods and services. To help citizens pay this tax on basic goods and services, a prebate would be paid monthly to all legal Americans. No favors for special interests -- everyone would be treated the same. Manufacturers worldwide would flock to the United States to build factories. Well-paying jobs would return. I urge readers to support the bill.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis