- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
JUANES PLANS BILINGUAL ALBUM
Colombian rocker Juanes has been so inspired by performing the songs of his idols at Grammy events this week that he plans to include a few English tracks on his new album.
"Now I can sing in English easier than before," he said backstage after performing a bilingual version of Elton John's "Your Song." "Probably I'm going to do some tracks. Maybe four."
Juanes also performed Bruce Springsteen's "Hungry Heart" at Grammy's MusiCares event honoring The Boss over the weekend.
"It was such a great opportunity for me," he said. "I just met Elton John tonight. I met Bruce last year. ... They are an inspiration to me. I grew up listening to all this music when I was a teenager, and now I understand them a lot more so I love them even more."
_ Sandy Cohen _ www.twitter.com/APSandy.
EDITOR'S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MEANS: U.S. economy on schedule to crash March 4, 2014
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again