- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Selected winners at the 55th annual Grammy Awards
_ Jazz vocal album: “Radio Music Society,” Esperanza Spalding.
_ Jazz instrumental album: “Unity Band,” Pat Metheny Unity Band.
_ Large jazz ensemble album: “Dear Diz (Every Day I Think of You),” Arturo Sandoval.
_ Pop instrumental album: “Impressions,” Chris Botti.
_ Compilation soundtrack album: “Midnight in Paris,” various artists.
_ Score soundtrack album: “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo,” Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross.
_ Song written for visual media: “Safe & Sound” (From “The Hunger Games”), Taylor Swift, John Paul White, Joy Williams.
_ Musical theater album: “Once: A New Musical,” Steve Kazee, Cristin Milioti.
_ Producer of the year, classical: Blanton Alspaugh.
_ Producer of the year, non-classical: Dan Auerbach.
_ Instrumental composition: “Mozart Goes Dancing,” Chick Corea.
_ Orchestral performance: “Adams: Harmonielehre & Short Ride in a Fast Machine,” Michael Tilson Thomas (San Francisco Symphony).
_ Opera recording: “Wagner, Der Ring des Nibelungen,” James Levine and Fabio Luisi.
_ Choral performance: “Life & Breath: Choral Works by Rene Clausen,” Charles Bruffy.
_ Short-form music video: “We Found Love,” Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again