- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
SHOW BITS: Taylor stays firm as TV Grammys begin
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Show Bits brings you the 55th annual Grammy Awards through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
QUICKQUOTE: Taylor Swift
“So he calls me up and he’s like, `I still love you.’ And I’m like, `I’m sorry, I’m busy opening up the Grammys.’” _ Taylor Swift, during her show-opening performance of her Grammy-nominated song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
KIMBRA WAS THE CHARM
After Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” won the Grammy for best pop duo/group performance, he revealed that Kimbra wasn’t his first, or even his second, choice for the song.
He had already gone through two female singers for the track and was waiting on another vocalist when “she called out.”
“I built so much expectation with that vocalist that I was feeling a little crushed,” he said backstage after collecting the Grammy.
It came down to Kimbra to sing on the song that was recorded in her apartment. It was last year’s biggest hit.
As for the unnamed singer, Gotye said she makes wonderful music on her own and “shouldn’t be mad.”
Gotye also won the Grammy for best alternative music album for “Making Mirrors.”
_ Mesfin Fekadu _ Twitter http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq