- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time at the Grammys
CARRIE UNDERWOOD’s PROJECTOR DRESS
Carrie Underwood used the huge skirt of her gray dress as a digital projector during her Grammy Awards performance.
As she sang “Blown Away” and ” Two Black Cadillacs” various images flashed on her dress.
“They can do a lot of amazing things with projectors these days,” she said backstage, holding her trophy for best country solo performance. “We had a dress especially made. I said I should take that home and we can watch movies on it.”
“It took a lot of precision,” she said.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
KEEP ON BIEBVIN’
Justin Bieber can’t catch a break.
Not only was the superstar singer not nominated for a Grammy, but a Ustream session that Bieber launched at the same time as the ceremony Sunday to answer questions from fans crashed because it was overloaded. The technical snafu immediately began trending on Twitter, inspiring such popular hashtags as (hash)ThankYouForTryingJustin and (hash)JustinUseRedTube.
Bieber tweeted to fans that “livestream is over capacity it not letting me in the room.” He apparently couldn’t overcome the blunder and later promised to upload a video.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
RICK ROSS WORKS IT
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again