- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time at the Grammys
Rick Ross is a businessman as much as he is a rapper.
“There’s a lot of networking to be done here,” he said on the red carpet at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, adding he had already done “three or four deals.”
Ross likes how his genre has taken what he sees as its rightful place at the annual ceremony.
“I feel like hip hop is most definitely more present at the Grammys,” he said, noting the presence of what he called such “underground legends” as Nas.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
THE BROWN-OCEAN STANDOFF
Chris Brown clapped _ but didn’t stand _when Frank Ocean beat him for the urban contemporary album Grammy.
The standing ovation snub between the pair, who brawled last month over a parking space at a West Hollywood studio, was clearly captured in a screenshot posted on Twitter by the site BuzzFeed.
BuzzFeed’s photo of Brown’s diss was retweeted hundreds of times just a few minutes after it was posted.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang___
SKIRTING THE GRAMMY DRESS CODE
Kelly Rowland, in a revealing long black dress, says she just barely skirted this year’s Grammy dress code. Sort of.
TWT Video Picks
Stunt raises carbon-dioxide level with lots of hot air
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again