- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time at the Grammys
Question of the Day
“I don’t know what I was thinking writing the chorus for this song. If this is in HD, everybody can see our faces, and we are not very young.” _ fun. lead singer Nate Ruess as the band accepted the song of the year Grammy for “We Are Young.”
_ Sandy Cohen _ http: http://www.twitter.com/APSandy
GRAMMYS DON’T WAIT FOR ANYONE
The Grammy Awards show started at 8 p.m. EST. Not at 8:05 or 8:07 or 8:10
The late-arriving celebrity crowd quickly learned that fact when they were kept in a vestibule with all the regular folks until the first commercial break. Only then were they allowed to take their seats.
That meant Drake, Jenna Jameson and Tito Ortiz had to cool their heels while Taylor Swift opened the show with her exuberant performance of “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
The waiting continued as host LL Cool J greeted the audience and on through Ed Sheeran and Elton John’s performance.
The stars’ handlers did manage to move them to the front of the line that was waiting to get in.
_ Nekesa Mumbi Moody _ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nekesamumbi .
TAYLOR SETS TWEETERS ATWITTER
Did Taylor Swift just launch World War III?
After Swift broke into a faux British accent during her Grammy-opening performance, several One Direction fans took to Twitter to voice their disdain at the apparent dig at one of the singer’s former flames, One Direction member (and native Brit) Harry Styles.
The English-accented flourish came when Swift started speaking in the middle of an “Alice in Wonderland”-like performance of her Grammy-nominated song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world