- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
SHOW BITS: It’s after-party time at the Grammys
Reaction was swift.
“Did Taylor Swift just do an English accent?” director Judd Apatow tweeted immediately after it happened.
_ Derrik J. Lang _ Twitter: http://twitter.com/derrikjlang
QUICKQUOTE: BONNIE RAITT
“I was up against all these guys who had much bigger records and a bigger splash. It makes an old girl feel good.” _ 63-year-old singer-songwriter Bonnie Raitt, who earned her 10th career Grammy in the best Americana album category for “Slipstream,” beating out a field that included Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers and The Avett Brothers.
_ Beth Harris _ Twitter http://twitter.com/bethharrisap
QUICKQUOTE: TAYLOR SWIFT
“So he calls me up and he’s like, `I still love you.’ And I’m like, `I’m sorry, I’m busy opening up the Grammys.’” _ Taylor Swift, during her show-opening performance of her Grammy-nominated song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
KIMBRA WAS THE CHARM
After Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know” won the Grammy for best pop duo/group performance, he revealed that Kimbra wasn’t his first, or even his second, choice for the song.
He had already gone through two female singers for the track and was waiting on another vocalist when “she called out.”
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014