- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Gun victims top Obama’s State of the Union invite list
• Bobak Ferdowsi of Pasadena, Calif., flight director of the Mars Curiosity Rover.
• Bradley Henning of Louisville, Ky., a machinist in the manufacturing industry.
• Tracey Hepner of Arlington, Va., co-founder of the Military Partners and Families Coalition.
• Peter Hudson of Evergreen, Colo., a physician who has pioneered technological advices in the health care field.
• Governor John Kitzhaber of Oregon.
• Mayor Marie Lopez Rogers of Avondale, Ariz., president of the National League of Cities.
• Amanda E. McMillan of Jackson, Miss., a victim of pay discrimination.
• Lee Maxwell of Wilton, Iowa, a technician in the wind-power industry.
• Lisa Richards of Arlington, Va., a single mother who supported Mr. Obama’s push for middle-class tax cuts.
• Abby Schanfield of Minneapolis, a patient who benefited from the Affordable Care Act.
• Haile Thomas, 12, of Tucson, Ariz., an advisory board member with the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
• Desiline Victor of Miami, 102-year-old naturalized citizen from Haiti who waited several hours to vote during Florida’s early voting in October.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Dave Boyer is a White House correspondent for The Washington Times. A native of Allentown, Pa., Boyer worked for the Philadelphia Inquirer from 2002 to 2011 and also has covered Congress for the Times. He is a graduate of Penn State University. Boyer can be reached at email@example.com.
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- White House warily watching N. Korea nuke activity ahead of Obama tour of Asia
- 38 Republicans put aside differences for lawsuit challenging legality of Obamacare
- Obama to renew pitch for big free-trade agreement
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama and Boehner congratulate U.S. men's hockey on win over Russia
- Americans say income gap will shrink if government butts out, poll shows
- WH spokesman Jay Carney recognizes beard's 'insufficiency,' shaves it off
- Obama misses deadline again on budget
- Biden burns rubber in driveway, laments road restrictions
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014