- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Americans, hold fast to your faith
Question of the Day
For the past few years, I have been watching the actions of our political leaders, listening to the words of our betters in academia and sensing the apathy of many Americans as our great nation has begun to decay. There was a time not so long ago when the U.S. Constitution was staunchly held by a vast majority of Americans as the law of the land, when the people knew right from wrong and the term "illegal" had only one meaning.
What made this republic so appealing and special? It was founded by people who understood who and what God is. America was, and will always be remembered as, "One nation under God," even if this nation ultimately fails. God is the author and finisher of all things, and yet there are people who have a great passion to eliminate God from our land. Americans have to fight to maintain their faith and not be disheartened by those who vilify God's name and demean American exceptionalism.
Most parents want their children to have a good moral and ethical foundation to live by. Most people in our society want criminals to remember that there are consequences for their actions. The most logical reason for a person to want God taken out of our society is because they do not want to be reminded of their own sin and the consequences they will one day face. We must never give in to those who have a distorted view of the world and a burning desire to fundamentally change America.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?