- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Pelosi: Pay cut undermines ‘dignity’ of congressional employment
Question of the Day
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told reporters on Friday that she opposes federal pay cuts for a very specific reason: They would undermine the "dignity" of employment with the federal government.
The Hill reports on the California Democrat's comments, which were made within the context of across-the-board cuts that would take place with sequestration: "I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Ms. Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."
Ms. Pelosi then added: "It's a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families," she said. "A pay cut to me doesn't mean as much."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- U.S. doubting war on terror outcome: 27% of likely voters tell Rasmussen U.S. is winning
- Israel says Hamas trained operative for paraglider attack on civilians
- Army's 3-D printed bombs will create 'a whole new universe' of deadly capabilities
- 6 Philadelphia narcotics officers charged with robbing drug dealers of over $500K in cash
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world