- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: State of the Union delusion
Question of the Day
There is something to be said about President Obama's recent address to the nation ("State of the Union lays out un-American agenda," Web, Wednesday). Mr. Obama, in his delusional world of what is true and what is false, projects through his speeches a rosy picture that only his Kool-Aid drinkers can see.
He has exaggerated his achievements to bolster his likeability while trying to protect his narcissistic ego. The fact that he is the problem and not the solution is obvious to all of those who suffer every time they go to a gas pump or a grocery store. The economy is struggling under the weight of Mr. Obama's rules and regulations, which hamstrung the very industries that made our country great.
Mr. Obama's big government doesn't make money -- it takes money from the hardworking people of this country. In his attempts to convince the public that everything he has done is in the best interest of the country, Mr. Obama jumps onto Air Force One and leaves the White House for another tour around the country on the taxpayer's dime, promoting his policies.
After four long years of deceit, if the American people can't see with their own eyes that all Mr. Obama does is talk, then they are deaf, dumb and blind. If they refuse to acknowledge the truth of why we are in a downward spiral, they eventually will come to the realization when we hit rock bottom. From my perspective, the money train is about to run out of fuel. Those who are on it will have to find another way to travel.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll