As President Obama and Congress head on vacation, America can rest easy that at least one crisis has been averted: Iconic bourbon distiller Maker’s Mark will stay 90-proof.
In just one week’s time, the company received thousands of messages from outraged bourbon drinkers, angry at announced plans to water down the bourbon. On Sunday, the company backtracked.
Beginning Monday, every bottle from its Loretto, Ky., facility will be back to 90-proof, Mr. Samuels said, in the report.
The decision to water its bourbon was due to supply drains, according to company officials. But drinkers said they’d rather face occasional supply shortages than drink watered-down bourbon, according to the Courier-Journal.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Elaine Donnelly
Extending sexual misconduct to combat units
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
Wall Street news before (and occasionally after) the opening bell.
One man’s perspective. Exploration and commentary designed to challenge the conventional thinking of day on the political issues affecting our nation.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention