- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
David Axelrod: Obama strategist joins MSNBC, NBC News
Question of the Day
Mr. Axelrod “will contribute frequently across all broadcasts and platforms of both networks,” the announcement stated.
The politico began his career as a journalist, spending eight years at the Chicago Tribune before beginning his political career in 1984.
“He founded Axelrod and Associates, a political and media consulting firm, which became AKPD Message and Media. He later founded the communications management firm ASGK Public Strategies,” the announcement continued.
“Axelrod, an alumnus of the University of Chicago, was recently named director of the university’s new Institute of Politics, and as a Distinguished Senior Fellow at the Harris School of Public Policy. He previously worked as an Adjunct Professor of Communication Studies at Northwestern University.”
Mr. Axelrod should feel right at home at the left-leaning media network, where he has appeared frequently over the years. Steve Schmidt, from the 2008 John McCain campaign, has also joined as an analyst for MSNBC.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Brown pelicans turning up in Florida Keys with throats slashed
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow joins Washington Post as columnist
- Second man charged for stealing piece of Paul Walker car wreck
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Creator of 'Selfies at Funerals' blog retires after Obama flub: 'Our work here is done'
Latest Blog Entries
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Washington Post to readers: Send us your gun violence stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl's hand
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow