- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Keep New York out of Chicago
How is it that New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is taking part in our election to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. by touting one of the candidates (“Bloomberg to dump $2M into Chicago race to defeat gun advocate Halvorson,” Web, Sunday)? This is just more New York influence, like the ineffective police chief Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has hired, who is being hamstrung by the gangs of Chicago, or New Yorker Gabe Klein showing Mr. Emanuel how to cause gridlock by installing bike lanes on our busiest thoroughfares.
Mr. Bloomberg is disparaging Debbie Halvorson by using his PAC money on Chicago TV ads for Robin Kelly. It’s time to let New York arrogance and “influence” stay in New York — and let Mr. Bloomberg spend his money investigating the Wall Street banks that caused our economy to crash and burn in 2008.
Mayor Emanuel, use the talent we have here in our city to overcome our problems. Forget any New York interference.
TIMOTHY D. O’REILLY
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan