- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Keep New York out of Chicago
How is it that New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is taking part in our election to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. by touting one of the candidates (“Bloomberg to dump $2M into Chicago race to defeat gun advocate Halvorson,” Web, Sunday)? This is just more New York influence, like the ineffective police chief Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has hired, who is being hamstrung by the gangs of Chicago, or New Yorker Gabe Klein showing Mr. Emanuel how to cause gridlock by installing bike lanes on our busiest thoroughfares.
Mr. Bloomberg is disparaging Debbie Halvorson by using his PAC money on Chicago TV ads for Robin Kelly. It’s time to let New York arrogance and “influence” stay in New York — and let Mr. Bloomberg spend his money investigating the Wall Street banks that caused our economy to crash and burn in 2008.
Mayor Emanuel, use the talent we have here in our city to overcome our problems. Forget any New York interference.
TIMOTHY D. O’REILLY
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress