- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama nominations lock us into downward spiral
The world has become a dangerous place. The Middle East is in turmoil and Iran is developing a nuclear weapon and the means of delivery, fulfilling its radical ideology of world domination. Europe is facing financial ruin as well as the danger of being Islamized within mere decades. North Korea is threatening South Korea and America. China is becoming a military threat to our allies in the area. Venezuela has become an Iranian bridgehead in South America.
President Obama has selected individuals least qualified to head key government organizations and confront these threats. It is difficult to picture worse candidates for secretary of defense and CIA director than Chuck Hagel and John O. Brennan, respectively. It is a travesty that John F. Kerry has already become secretary of state. All three men share a desire for a downsized U.S. military, have a lack of appreciation for America as the force for peace and democracy in the world, and harbor a naivete regarding the Islamic threat against the free world.
Of course, a president has a right to choose members of his administration, and in this case, Mr. Obama has chosen these three primarily because their viewpoints coincide with his own. However, a president has an obligation to surround himself with knowledgeable people with diverse viewpoints on the major issues of the day. Mr. Obama has failed to do this. Thus continues the downward spiral of this nation.
WARREN A. MANISON
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations