- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
Hillary Rodham Clinton to charge $200K per speech
Asking price the same as her husband’s
Hillary Rodham Clinton will make more money from a two-hour lecture than she ever did in an entire year as secretary of state, according to a report Monday.
The $200,000-per-speech fee will be a sizable increase for Mrs. Clinton, who made $186,000 annually as secretary of state before stepping down earlier this month.
Buzzfeed reports that Mrs. Clinton will be on par with her husband, Bill, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who both also fetch $200,000 per speech.
Mrs. Clinton will be represented by the Harry Walker Agency, which also represents her husband. The agency is known for getting plum gigs for famous politicians and newsmakers, The Daily Mail reports.
The agency also represents Al Gore, who makes $175,000 per gig, and 2008 presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, who makes about $100,000.
Politico reported Monday that Mrs. Clinton would hit the lecture circuit starting in the spring and “will likely do some speeches for no fee for causes she champions, and expects to occasionally donate her fees for charitable purposes.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mt. Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.