- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
House intel chairman Rogers: ‘I can’t tell you how serious’ Chinese cyberespionage is
How serious is the threat of Chinese hackers to the security of the United States? Rep. Mike Rogers, chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, can’t tell you.
Speaking to MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchel on Wednesday, Mr. Rogers, Michigan Republican, said the scope of China’s repeated breaches of U.S. cybersecurity is “breathtaking, it’s serious, and it will cost us the next generation of prosperity if we don’t do something about it.”
The U.S. security firm Mandiant Corp. recently has alleged that Chinese hackers have attacked military contractors and energy companies. The sophisticated attacks were traced to a Chinese military unit, charges that the country’s Defense Ministry has denied.
“We need to start identifying these individuals, looking at maybe denying visas, visas of their families,” Mr. Rogers said. “I can’t tell you how serious this problem is. There are two companies left in America: One is those companies that have been hacked and know it, and two, the companies who have been hacked and don’t know it. It is unfortunate at the scope of the problem here that we’re just not stepping up in a way to deal with it to protect American jobs.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: 'I hope you die in prison'
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Elderly Chicago man robs bank to go 'home' to prison; judge fulfills his desire
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.