- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
AND THE FANS SAY … ‘ARGO’
However it fared with Academy voters, the clear fan favorite among those in the Oscar bleachers was “Argo.”
The bleacher crowd forced actor-director Ben Affleck to stop an interview with their loud chants of “Ben! Ben! Ben!”
They gave the film’s producer, George Clooney, similar treatment and lavished applause on supporting actor nominee Alan Arkin.
Perhaps the best sign of fans’ love for the CIA thriller was when the group was polled for its choice for best picture winner before any actors hit the red carpet.
While the chants were spirited for “Les Miserables” and some other films, they were clearly loudest for “Argo.”
_ Anthony McCartney _ Twitter http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP
EDITOR’S NOTE _ Show Bits brings you the 85th annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.