- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
SHOW BITS: A bump in the night for Kim K.
Question of the Day
_ Hannah Dreier _ Twitter http://twitter.com/hannahdreier
CARVING IT UP AT OSCAR AFTER-PARTY
The first stop on the party circuit for Oscar night winners is almost always the Governor’s Ball.
Oh sure, the fancy food Wolfgang Puck lays out there is part of the attraction. But it’s also the place to go to get your name engraved on your new toy.
“You trading that in?”, lead actress winner Jennifer Lawrence asked Ben Affleck when she saw him show up with his best picture statuette.
“What can I get for this award?”, Affleck joked.
Anne Hathaway arrived with her Oscar in one hand and a glass of champagne in the other.
She covered her mouth in awe when the engraver showed her the nameplate, then helped attach it to her trophy’s base. Her husband, Adam Shulman, recorded the moment for posterity on his iPhone.
After spending a moment checking out his Oscar, Affleck stood up to a round of applause from those in the room.
“Thank you! I love it,” he said.
_ Sandy Cohen _ http://www.twitter.com/apsandy
OSCAR IS TRIP FOR LAWRENCE
Jennifer Lawrence’s performance in “Silver Linings Playbook” was flawless enough to capture the best actress Oscar. She wasn’t so adroit in claiming the trophy.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world