- Parents outraged after white supremacists plant racist Easter eggs
- Atheists sue N.J. school over ‘under God’ in Pledge of Allegiance
- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
HURT: ‘Obargo’ — A tale of hostage-taking not involving Iran
The Oscar-winning tale “Argo” contains a movie within the movie. Comparisons to Shakespeare’s Hamlet — or anything worth remembering, for that matter — certainly end there.
So, it was altogether fitting that first lady Michelle Obama horned her way into the insufferable ceremony to award the night’s most coveted honor to the hostage thriller.
After all, she knows something about hostage-takers and their diabolical demands. She sleeps with the most daring and nihilistic of them all.
Washington breathlessly watches the dramatic countdown to the coming “sequester” cuts. For many around here, the apocalypse is upon us.
This meat-cleaver approach to budget-cutting came about as a result of Democrats and Republicans working in unison for decades to bloat the federal government, steal from future generations and generally refuse to address the immoral concept of bankrupting the country with pork, theft and golden promises to gullible voters.
Now that Republicans barely control even their own party, they say they are serious about cutting spending and bringing some sanity to the federal government. President Obama and his Democrats refuse to agree to the basic, desperately-required spending cuts.
The result is “sequestration,” which amounts to across-the-board cuts to the infernal federal government of ten percent or less. In other words, smaller cuts than what most families across the country have been slashing from their own budgets every year now for several years.
The most hair-raising part of all of this has been to watch President Obama react to the notion of cuts to his beloved federal government. He writhes and curdles like slug who’s had salt poured on him.
The terrorists will overtake us! No longer will the federal government be able to continue its fantastic job of guarding the border! The homeless will starve!
These are, seriously, some of the threats Mr. Obama and his administration have made against the American people if these cuts go through.
Then he began shooting hostages.
Homeland Security yesterday announced that they had already begun releasing hundreds of illegal aliens held in prisons around the country awaiting deportation.
This probably should not have come as a major surprise, since it is very much the strategy preferred by Mr. Obama when he does not get his way.
Last year when Republicans fought against raising the debt ceiling so that Mr. Obama could continue on his drunken stupor towards doubling our national debt, Mr. Obama threatened to start shooting seniors. He not-so-subtly threatened that he simply would not pay out Social Security checks to elderly if he did not get his way. Then he went after veterans and threatened to hold up their checks as well.
About the Author
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- HURT: The Rev. Al Sharpton: Once just a race hustler, now a snitching race hustler
- HURT: Baseball gives way to whine-ball
- HURT: Do liberals understand anything about operating a business?
- HURT: $75K a day over a pond: Your corrupt EPA thugs at work
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.