- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
U.S.-South Korea drills ramp up tensions with North Korea
Question of the Day
The United States and South Korea have kicked off joint naval drills, in the face of rising tensions with North Korean leaders who have vowed a third nuclear test.
The drills will last three days and include live-fire exercises, as well as naval and submarine drills, according to NBC. North Korea media characterized the drills as a pre-emptive attack, NBC continued, and said that Worker’s Party leader Kim Jong-Un has sent out “important” guidelines to boost the nation’s military force.
“We assess that North Korea has almost finished preparations for conducting a nuclear test anytime and all that’s left is North Korea making a political decision” to do so, South Korea Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said Monday, according to NBC.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- 'No American is proud' of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- Planned Parenthood strikes 'pro-choice' label in favor of 'women's health'
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Donald Lambro
The president writes off jobless Americans who have given up
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world