- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Chris Brown returns to court for probation issues
Question of the Day
Murray stated in her filing that the police report on Brown’s service was “at best sloppy documentation and at worst fraudulent reporting.”
No one from Virginia’s probation department oversaw Brown’s hours, prosecutors said.
The motion noted that the only records the department has to indicate that Brown was supervised were officers’ overtime sheets. Five of 21 days that officers logged overtime for Brown were spent providing security for the singer’s concerts.
The allegations are the latest pre-Grammy controversy for Brown, who was arrested shortly after the 2009 ceremony for his attack on Rihanna. He has since returned to the awards show by performing and winning an award in 2011 for his album “F.A.M.E.”
Brown and Ocean are competing against one other for the Best Urban Contemporary Album category at Sunday’s Grammys.
AP writers Anthony McCartney and Ryan Pearson contributed to this report.
TWT Video Picks
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- 'Duck Dynasty' star's daughter gets charity boost from congressman
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs