- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
‘Star Wars’ reboot director Abrams speaks in Vegas
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - If the force is with die-hard fans, J.J. Abrams will give away a few clues to his vision for the seventh live-action “Star Wars” film.
The acclaimed science-fiction filmmaker is expected to give an opening talk Wednesday at an annual video game industry conference in Las Vegas.
Abrams has become a trusted steward of beloved fantasy universes after his well-received additions to the “Star Trek” and “Mission: Impossible” franchises.
“Star Wars” creator George Lucas facilitated the latest round of “Star Wars” spin-offs when he sold his Lucasfilm empire to The Walt Disney Co. for $4.05 billion last fall.
“Episode VII” is due out in the summer of 2015.
Abrams is expected to discuss multiplatform storytelling with Valve president Gabe Newell at the Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain Summit at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq